Tuesday 17 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey

Please think about your own culture. Where does your family come from? What is important or special to you and your family? What language do you speak? 
 On your blog, please tell us about your culture.


My Great Great Grandparents on my mum's side of the family came to New Zealand from Ireland and have been living in the South Island and West Coast since then.


My Mum has chosen to stay on the West Coast  because she likes living in a small community with her friends and family around her. The West Coast is also a beautiful place to live with lots of outdoor opportunities. 

My sister and I like exploring outdoors, going body boarding and playing sports with our  friends 


Our Family speaks English.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa!


    My name is Gabriel, and I am part of this year’s Summer Learning Journey team. I will be helping to comment on your amazing posts over the summer. It is such a wonderful experience to be able to read your blog. It’s great to see what you have done already!

    Wow! Living in Grey mouth sounds very interesting! I am from Whangarei originally and am living in Auckland so it sounds a-lot quieter than here! Do you know what part of Ireland your great great grandparents are from? would you like to visit Ireland someday?

    One way that you can make your blog even more interesting is to include pictures of what you are writing about! This shows us readers what you are writing about :)

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabe,They are originally from County Kerry. Yes I would like to visit ireland someday.

    Pippa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.