Friday 10 September 2021

Oona's Story

             

       🌿 Oona’s Story 🌿

It was coming. I knew it was but I knew I couldn't tell him, so I ran and kept running until my toes began to hurt. I needed to get him out of here safely, but how? As we were running through the jungle this boy kept slapping me and telling me something but how was I, an elephant, supposed to know what he wanted? So I went faster. 

As we were running through the jungle there were leaves everywhere, I decided to grab a few and eat them on the journey. It was gonna be a long one I knew that for sure, As we came up to a big hill I slowed down to a speedy trot. There was that boy looking behind us, he let out a big gasp and I wondered why.

He said something but I didn’t know what he said. I knew that he had said something and It sounded like waves and I knew what waves meant and as soon as he said waves, I took off at a speed that was very fast. I didn’t even know I could go that fast. 

There was that boy sitting on me just looking sad, so I tried to cheer him up by grabbing some leaves and munching them up as slowly as I could.I looked behind me and saw the boy and he was laughing very hard. He looked hungry, at least I thought he did so I decided to get him some food. 

 I picked the nicest orange coconut that I could find and then wrapped it in my trunk and lifted my trunk so it was right in front of the boy. He at once lifted his head, grabbed the food and gave me a big hug. After that every time I passed a coconut tree I gave him one. 

That night we slept on the floor. He grabbed heaps of leaves and put them on the ground so the leeches didn’t get him. The next day he was walking down the river and I was scared that he was going to leave me here. I needed him and he needed me, so I chased after him and then he just stood there and hugged me. I think I had just changed his mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.